Property Terms and Conditions
State and Federal Regulations
Acceptance of Federal Surplus equipment and supplies by users who have established eligibility to participate in the Idaho Federal Surplus Program is subject to certifications and agreements identified on the back side of the standard invoice.
Federal equipment and supplies are restricted to institutional use only, not personal use, and are to be placed in service within one year from the date the property was invoiced and used for a minimum of one year.
All vehicles and items with an acquisition cost of $5,000.00 or more shall be used for the purpose(s) for which acquired within one year from the date the property was invoiced and used for a minimum of 18 months thereafter.
During the restriction period, the property shall not be sold, traded, leased, lent, bailed, cannibalized, or otherwise disposed of or removed from the State of Idaho without the express written approval of the Idaho State Agency for Federal Surplus Property. The recipients of federal property are urged to contact the State Agency prior to taking any action which may be interpreted as modifying any of the certifications and agreements stated on the back side of the invoice.
Terms: Net 30 Days to All Donees. Payment must be by check issued by the eligible donee organization. No personal checks, cashier's checks, money orders or cash transactions are permitted.
Shipping: Shipping may be arranged by bureau truck, common carrier, FEDEX or Parcel Post. Delivery charges may be added to the invoice. Common carrier shipments will need to be arranged and paid by the customer and an appointment for pickup must be made with FSP prior to sending carrier in to pick up property.
Certifications and Agreements
The Donee Certifies That:
- It is a public agency; or a nonprofit educational or public health institution or organization, exempt from taxation under section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954; within the meaning of section 203(j) of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949, as amended, and the regulations of the Administrator of General Services.
- If a public agency, the property is needed and will be used by the recipient for carrying out or promoting for the residents of a given political area one or more public purposes, or, if a nonprofit tax-exempt institution or organization, the property is needed for and will be used by the recipient for educational or public health purposes, and including research for such purpose. The property is not being acquired for any other use or purpose, or for sale or other distribution; or for permanent use outside the State, except with prior approval of the State agency.
- Funds are available to pay all costs and charges incident to donation.
- This transaction shall be subject to the nondiscrimination regulations governing the donation of surplus personal property issued under Title Vl of the Civil RightsAct of 1964 and Title Vl Section 606 of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of l949, as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
The Donee Agrees to the Following Federal Conditions:
- All items of property shall be placed in use for the purposes for which acquired within one year of receipt and shall be continued in use for such purposes for one year from the date the property was placed in use. In the event the property is not so placed in use, or continued in use, the donee shall immediately notify the State agency, and at the donee s expense, return such property to the State agency, or otherwise make the property availabie for transfer or other disposal by the State agency, provided the property is still usable as determined by the State agency.
- Such special handling or use limitations as are imposed by General Services Administration (GSA) on anyitem(s) of property listed hereon.
- In the event the property is not so used or handled as required by B1 and 2, title and right to the possession of such property shall as the option of GSA revert to the United State of America and upon demand the donee shall release such property to such person as GSA or its desianee shall direct.
The Donee agrees to the following conditions imposed by the State agency, applicable to items with a unit acquisition cost of $5,000 or more, and passenger motor vehicles, regardless of acquisitions cost, except vessels 50 feet or more in length and aircraft.
- The property shall be used only for the purpose(s) for which acquired and for no other purpose(s).
- There shall be a period of restriction which will expire after such property has been used for the purpose(s) for which acquired for a period of 18 months from the date the property is placed in use, except for such items of major equipment, listed hereon, on which State agency designates a further period of restriction.
- In the event the property is not so used as required by C1 and 2 and Federal restrictions B1 and 2 have expired then title and right to the possession of such property shall at the option of the State agency revert to the State of Idaho and the donee shall release such property to such person as the State agency shall direct.
The Donee Agrees to the Following Terms, Reservations and Restrictions:
- In the event any of the property listed hereon is sold, traded, leased, loaned, bailed, cannibalized, encumbered, or otherwise disposed of by the donee from the date it received the property through the period(s) of time the conditions imposed by B and C remain in effect, without the prior approval of GSA or the State agency, the donee, at the option of GSA or the State agency shall pay to GSA or the State agency, as the case may be, the proceeds of the disposal or for the fair market value or the fair rental value of the property at the time of such disposal, as determined by GSA or the State agency.
- If at any time, from the date it receives the property through the period(s) of time the conditions imposed by B and C remain in effect. any of the property listed hereon is no longer suitable. usable, or further needed by the donee for the purpose(s) for which acquired, the donee shall promptly notify the State agency, and shall, as directed by the State Agency, return the property to the State agency, release the property to another donee or another State agency, a department or agency of the United States, sell or otherwise dispose of the property The proceeds from any sale shall be remitted promptly by the donee to the State agency.
- The donee shall make reports to the State agency on the use, condition and location of the property listed hereon, and on other pertinent matters as may be required trom time to time by the State agency.
- At the option of the State agency, the donee may abrogate the conditions set forth in C and the terms, reservations and restrictions pertinent thereto in D by payment of an amount as determined by the State agency.
From the date it receives the property listed hereon and through the period(s) of time the conditions imposed by B and C above remain in effect, the donee shall not sell. trade, lease, lend, bail, cannibalize, encumber, or otherwise dispose of such property or remove it permanently for use outside the State, without the prior approval of GSA under B or the State agency under C. The proceeds from any sale, trade, lease, loan, bailment encumberance or other disposal of the property, when such action is authorized by GSA or by the State agency, shall be remitted promptly by the donee to GSA or the State agency, as the case may be.
The Donee Agrees to the Following Conditions, Applicable to all Items of Property Listed Hereon:
- The property acquired by the donee is on an as is, where is basis, without warranty of any kind.
- Where a donee carries insurance against damages to or loss of property due to fire or other hazards and where loss of or damage to donated property with unexpired terms, conditions, reservations or restrictions, occurs. the State agency will be entitled to reimbursement from the donee out of the insurance proceeds, of an amount equal to the unamortized portion of the fair value of the damaged or destroyed donated items.
- Terms and conditions applicable to the donation of aircraft and vessels (50 feet or more in length) having an acquistion cost of $5,000 or more, regardless of the purpose for which acquired.
- The donation shall be subject to the terms. conditions, reservations, and restrictions set forth in the Conditional Transfer Document executed by the authorized donee representative.
The Donee Agrees to the Following Terms and Conditions Imposed by the State agency Applicable to Items with a Unit Acquisition Cost of Under $5,000:
- There shall be a period of restriction on all motor vehicles, requiring registration for license, which shall expire after such property has been used for the purpose(s) for which acquired for a period of 18 months from the date the property was placed in use.